Bond With Your Horse
Please contact Jo for details
Immaculate Equestrian Property, Perville, South West France
A beautifully restored 3 bedroom farmhouse, along with an equally well renovated 2 bedroom gite, extensive equestrian facilities and wonderful elevated views. The two properties - fully centrally heated and double glazed - are set at the edge of a pretty village and benefit from superb quality riding. Currently being run as a Training Yard by Monty Robert’s Instructor Jo Bond.
· Covered Terrace (3m x 5m) with tiled floor
· Garden Terrace (40m²)
· Kitchen (7.25m x 5.5m) with wooden floor, beamed ceiling, fireplace, fitted wall and base units, oven, hob with extractor hood over and dishwasher
· Living room (4m x 5.5m) with wooden floor and beamed ceiling
· Rear lobby - with tiled floor, exposed stone walls, stairs to first floor and steps down to Bedroom 1
· Boiler room
· Bathroom (3m x 3.5m) with tiled floor, fully tiled walls, bath, shower and wash hand basin
· Bedroom 1 (3.5m x 5m) with tiled floor, exposed stone walls, beamed ceiling and glazed doors to terrace
· Landing / Study (6m x 4m) with wooden floor, beamed ceiling and part exposed stone walls
· Cloakroom - with WC and wash hand basin
· Bedroom 2 (3.5m x 5m) with built in cupboards, exposed stone walls, beamed ceiling and part glazed door with external stairs down to terrace
· Master Bedroom 3 (7.5m x 5m) with beamed ceiling, wooden floor, two walk in wardrobes (5.5m² & 6.75m²) and en suite bathroom
· En suite bathroom (2m x 3m) with wooden floor, roll top bath, wash hand basin, WC and heated towel rail
· Kitchen / Dining room (6m x 6m) with tiled floor, exposed stone walls, fitted units, sink, oven and hob with extractor hood over
· Central lobby (2m x 3m) with tiled floor and exposed stone walls
· Bedroom 1 (4.5m x 5m) with exposed stone walls, tiled floor and French windows to gravelled parking
· Bedroom 2 (3m x 5m) with exposed stone walls and tiled floor
· Bathroom (3.5m x 2m) with tiled floor, tiled walls, shower, WC and wash hand basin
· Garage / Workshop (7.5m x 5m) with concrete floor, 'up and over' door and boiler room off
· Gravelled parking area and Garden with mature shrubs and trees
· Stable block (19m x 3.5m) with tack room, 3 stables and foaling box
· Hay barn (10m x 4.5m) recently constructed, with concrete floor
· Field shelters
· Round pen (18m diameter) with fibre / sand base
· Outdoor school (15m x 25m) fully railed with sand base
· Direct outriding onto 160km endurance circuit
3.25ha (over 8 acres) of good quality pasture€475,000 (approx. £400, 000) plus costs
Heather Moffett Fheonix Saddle
Desciption per Heather Moffett: "The SoftTree is a revolutionary design unlike any other saddle on the market. The manufacturing process is unique in saddle-making. The Fhoenix has no rigid parts, other than a small rigid cantle support, which cannot be felt by either horse or rider. It is not like fully treeless saddles in that those are very thin and do not provide a ‘twist’ for the rider, instead our saddles allow the thighs to drop and legs and hips do not feel straddled. The ‘SoftTree’ is built up from layers of materials, tested and chosen for their shock absorbing and pressure resisting properties, but also shaping the seat to feel much more like a conventional treed saddle for the rider. This ‘SoftTree’ enables the saddle to flex with every oscillation of the horse's back, giving great freedom of movement, with no restriction of the shoulders or hindrance of the lifting of the horse's back.
The whole seat and flexible front arch are made from 45mm thickness of the Seatbone Saver memory foam, into which the rider sinks, giving great depth of seat and exceptional comfort. The moulded replaceable panels are designed to give a traditionally gulleted underside to the saddle. With the addition of padding for horses with muscle wastage, it is possible to fit almost any horse. The SoftTree saddle offers unrivalled comfort to both horse and rider, combining the flexibility and best characteristics of a treeless saddle, but with the rider support of a treed saddle.
The seat has been designed to allow the rider’s thighs to drop easily into a more vertical knee position, the saddle having a definite ‘waist’, which does not leave the rider feeling straddled as if bareback. Nearly all conventional saddles have the stirrup bars set too far to the front, resulting in the rider’s seat being pushed to the back of the saddle, and the thighs pulled forwards. This is why so many riders find it nigh on impossible to maintain the ear/shoulder/hip/heel line - the very tool that is supposed to be assisting the rider, i.e. the saddle, is actually preventing him or her from maintaining this ideal position of balance! This is especially so in rising trot.
The stirrup bars are set back, as in all of the Heather Moffett designed saddles, to enable an instant ‘ear/ shoulder/hip/heel’ line to be easily achieved."
Lots more info on Heather's website.
The saddle is in good condition. It is 18¨Black. €650 (They cost approx €1400 new).